By Walter S. DeKeseredy,Molly Dragiewicz,Martin D. Schwartz
Read or Download Abusive Endings: Separation and Divorce Violence against Women (Gender and Justice) PDF
Similar violence in society books
We see nonviolent resistance all over the place today’s global, from Egypt’s Tahrir sq. to manhattan Occupy. even if we predict of the final century as one marked by means of wars and violent clash, in reality it was once simply as a lot a century of nonviolence because the achievements of Mohandas Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.
Battle on Autism examines autism as a traditionally particular and powerladen cultural phenomenon that has a lot to educate concerning the social association of a neoliberal western modernity. Bringing jointly quite a few interpretive theoretical views together with serious incapacity stories, queer and demanding race conception, and cultural experiences, the e-book analyzes the social value and efficient results of up to date discourses of autism as those are produced and circulated within the box of autism advocacy.
"Kimmel has made a occupation out of being what it's possible you'll name a man-translator. "-The AtlanticThe white American male voter is alive and well--and indignant as hell. Sociologist Michael Kimmel, one of many major writers on males and masculinity, has spent thousands of hours within the corporation of America's indignant white men--from white supremacists to men's rights activists to younger students--in pursuit of a accomplished prognosis in their fears, anxieties, and rage.
A clean and engaging background of crime and violence in England in the course of the place of work of the coroner In his attention-grabbing debut, Matthew Lockwood explores the background of crime, murder, and suicide in England over 4 centuries during the place of work of the coroner. whereas the workplace used to be tested to enquire violent or suspicious deaths, Lockwood asserts that the calls for of competing events progressively formed its platforms and remodeled England right into a smooth kingdom in advance of is usually stated.
- Lynching to Belong: Claiming Whiteness through Racial Violence (Centennial Series of the Association of Former Students, Texas A&M University)
- In the Heat of the Summer: The New York Riots of 1964 and the War on Crime (Politics and Culture in Modern America)
- Civil Disobedience: Protest, Justification and the Law
- Understanding and Preventing Campus Violence
- Unsettling Accounts: Neither Truth nor Reconciliation in Confessions of State Violence (a John Hope Franklin Center Book)
- The Social Psychology of Intergroup and International Conflict Resolution (Springer Series in Social Psychology)
Extra resources for Abusive Endings: Separation and Divorce Violence against Women (Gender and Justice)
Abusive Endings: Separation and Divorce Violence against Women (Gender and Justice) by Walter S. DeKeseredy,Molly Dragiewicz,Martin D. Schwartz